In a Rut.




I’ve been feeling out of place lately, almost like I’m in a rut. I have the unshakeable feeling that I’m simply not doing enough- sometimes feeling like I’m doing nothing to take control of my life. This is, of course, not the case. I’m a second year student studying a degree in English Language and Linguistics, juggling a rather large amount of work and studying alongside a part-time job- doing nothing is definitely not the case for myself.


However, I’ve continued to feel this way. Whether it be the effects of post-exam stress that I am yet to be relieved of, or simply an extended case of the ‘January Blues’- I don’t know. I do know that I do not feel content with what I am doing. I know where I want to be,  and I want to be doing the work to reassure me that I will one day get there. My simple question is: how the heck do I get there?



2018 is the year that I want to achieve so much.. whether it be personal goals, academic goals, or just experiencing more things. I think it's something everybody can relate to feeling at one point or another. And whilst I'm not the type of person to wish time away, January felt like the THE LONGEST month of my life, and I'm embracing the placebo effect of shedding the stresses of first month of the year and welcoming February.

And so this brings me to the creation of this blog- an output of thoughts and ideas. I’m saying no more to this feeling of discontent and defeatist attitude. Instead, I have created something for myself that I have the freedom to do whatever with. I’m ready to start something for myself that gives me the satisfaction that I crave.

Comments

Popular Posts