Dream Jean...

My relationship with skinny jeans has always been one of love/hate. For the longest time I struggled to find a pair that sat snugly around my ankle- and most importantly- didn’t loosen around the knee after 4 or so wears. I wouldn’t say I have the ‘knobliest’ knees (haha), but I do know I have very slim claves when compared to the proportion of my hips. That’s not to say I’m a curvy girl as its clear, sadly curvy I am not. Simply for my own proportions, my hips are slightly wider.

For around 2 years, I would try to wash my jeans in order to shrink the knees back down to purchased size, I even started ironing them daily, as in my head it was logical that this would shrink them. After trying - literally-  all different brands of different fits and styles, I discovered Topshop’s Jamie Jean, a soft jean feeling thicker and less stretchy than my nemesis- the Joni Jean *shudders*, and most importantly-if-not-on-a-slight-tangent, with beltloops!!!


Always some gaping at the knee.


Although these jeans have satisfied my desire for a skinny fitting everyday trouser, I wouldn’t say they’re spray on around my knees after several wears. Resultantly from such trauma, I am very hesitant to wear skinny jeans anymore, which is a shame as I love the polished look skinny black jeans and a polo neck can give during the colder months, but for the most part I am happily stocking up on everyday trouser alternatives. This brings me to the actual purpose of this post- I have found my holy grail, everyday pair of jeans. And they’re so damn good.




The jeans in question are of course Topshop’s Moto Authentic Straight Leg Jeans, the only straight leg jean which I have found that scoops you up under the bottom rather than transitioning straight from booty to thigh. As I said before, I don't have that much going on in terms of curves, so finding a baggier leg jean which worked magic from behind was the cherry on top of a beautiful trouser. I've tried and tested straight leg/ borderline Mom jeans, and I love and continue to wear them, but I never felt completely put together in a baggy jean. I was essentially looking for a design which gave me the straight leg silhouette (avoiding any chance of a baggy knee as the knee is already baggy), whilst fitting snuggly around my very upper thigh and rear. This jean just ticks allllllll the boxes.


T-shirt- Topshop, Bumbag- Topshop, Necklace- Missoma, Trainers- Puma.


The versatility of these jeans is just so great, paired with a white tee simple gold jewellery and fresh white sneakers is one of my favourite ways to style them. They do have a really 90's vibe to them, so when colder months begin to creep in I plan on pairing them with high-top trainers and cropped sweatshirts. You truly can dress them up or down and in so many ways, which I why I can safely say my search for the perfect skinny jean is- for now- curbed.

Comments

Popular Posts